Thursday, December 01, 2005

My Business Card


This is the image I have on my business card - the one I use to introduce myself as author of the book Man Overboard: A Self Defence Course For Men In Marriage. It's my wedding photo.,. Sweet, trusting Louisa gazing with devotion at dumb, moronic Michael who couldn't understand her need for love, her need to feel loved, her need to feel that she was in love all the time. Not a good way to start the next 25 years... The day was 18th November, 1979. Threee years before, almost to the day, sjhe had walked out on me, taking our three month old daughter, and left me for another man who was capable of giving her the love she needed (or so she thought). After a year of agony, I welcomed her back. But still I didn't 'get it'. I was blocked, emotionally unavailable. Twenty five years later - after raising our three children and launching a successful business together, she was preparing to leave me again when I had a dramatic vision, like Paul on the road to Damascus, that cracked me open like a nut. The love flowed out of me like a gushing stream, and in that instant I knew everything about her needs. It devastated me and changed me forever. But was it soon enough to save my marriage? (Read the first posting - the first section of my book - to find out.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats
Search Popdex: