Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fatherhood Foundaton gives us thumbs up!

The businessman behind the Fatherhood Foundation thinks Man Overboard is right on the money. "It's brilliant," says Warwick Marsh who established Australia's leading fatherhood organisation 15 years ago with his wife Alison.
Warwick & Alison Marsh have travelled across Australia, talking to average Australians, and found much grief and heartache in the families of the nation. Together they established Australian Heart Ministries as a charitable, not for profit organization, 'to relieve the spiritual, emotional and physical poverty of children and their mothers and fathers, both in Australia and around the world'. They have helped thousands of people in that time.
Warwick and I hit it off. I think of he and Alison as role models for what I am doing. They recently celebrated 30 years married, a magnificent achievement. They have raised 5 children. They have ridden the rollercoaster of running their own businesses in the construction industry. My wife and I did the same thing for 14 years until last August, so I understand the energy it requires and the time it soaks up. To set up and grow a special organisation to help people in distress at the same time is hard work. Warwick's encouragement means a lot to me because sometimes I can get discouraged when I get a rejection notice from a publisher. (I have received many of these.) Check out their sites www.fathersonline.org and www.fatherhoodfoundation.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats
Search Popdex: