Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Simon says...

Simon is a divorced father of two who has been involved with the men's movement and fatherhood organisations.
Simon says:
"I read many of these books when my marriage was on the rocks and found most of them a waste of time. Anyway to your book. I like the fact that it's short. I think too many of the books I read were just filling space because they had to. Men from Mars is a good example. I also like the quotes you have scattered through the book. I found myself moved by some of the anecdotes about your own relationship. I think many American books are not as frank about how hard this is. Relationships involve a lot of pain and insights are in my experience hard to come by. You've been pretty frank about how hard it is and I think that's somewhat comforting. It's a good idea - most books in this space are too long and a bit idealistic."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats
Search Popdex: