Monday, February 20, 2006

I am always wrong


Some readers might think I'm a feminist, weak, sucker-up-to-women type of guy because I insist men are to blame for the state of their relationships. I do think that. But I don't think men get a fair go. Society is biassed against men and boys. That's a given. It's up to men to lead society out of this hole. Not cajole and threaten and force it out. "Lead", which means to inspire, to motivate, to encourage and reward.

Just to prove I'm not putting you on about the "men are disadvantaged' stuff, here are the lyrics of a song I wrote last year. It's played in a bluegrass, appalachian mountain style.

I’m Always Wrong

As a young man I discovered one important fact
Boys and girls are different in the way they think and act
Schoolteachers will tell you boys are dumb and girls are bright
My teachers taught me I was hardly ever right

My mother taught me early to expect to be corrected
She prepared me for a lifetime living as directed
I found a girl whose love soon had me bound and gagged
Guess I was blessed to find a girl who cares enough to nag

CHORUS
If you’re a male go straight to jail
Do not pass go do not collect $200 dollars
It’s the game, it’s been the same
Since Adam was a scholar
To change the game you’d have to change the world
You can only hope next time you come back as a girl

My son asked me secretly one day when I was home
Dad if I’m out there in the bush and I’m all alone
Will I still be wrong if there’s no woman I can see
I said son I’m always wrong it’s no use asking me

CHORUS
SECOND CHORUS
No matter if you are at work, at school or if you are at home
You start behind the eightball with a Y chromosome
No matter what you do the disapproval will be strong
All the women in your life will let you know you’re wrong

Copyright Michael Kiely 2005

Now doesn't that make you feel better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats
Search Popdex: