Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Total Love Attack

Here are some of the tactics I employed to execute my strategy of a “Total Love Attack”:

• Flowers – A good solid performer, especially if they are unexpected. I surprised my wife by filling her bedroom with long stemmed roses (five or six dozen) one day while she was out. That’s a demonstration of commitment. In our gridlocked days she would have complained about the cost. But now she simply lets me go at it. She can’t stop me, anyway.

• Jewellery – Women tend to love it, so go for it. I bought her about six or seven smaller items and hid them – gift wrapped – all around the house in places Louisa could find them. The surprises were better thant the pieces of jewellery.

• Out to dinner – We do this anyway. So it’s not a big deal unless it is to someplace special or if it is unusual for you or there is …. (drum roll) … dancing! Girls love to dance. Men usually hate it because we’re brought up to run the ball upfield, not trip the light fandango. Don’t worry if you can’t dance, just be there with her and make an effort. Let yourself go and you’ll find the more relaxed you are, the sooner the dancer in you will emerge.

...more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats
Search Popdex: