Sunday, April 02, 2006

How to say "I Love You" everyday

Love is not something you feel. It's something you do, according to someone called David Wilkerson, and I agree with him.
You "do" love when you put yourslef out for the loved one. Sacrifice your time for them.
You also 'do' love by little signals...

Continuing my list of tactics for a total love attack:

• VOICE MAIL MESSAGES – I impersonate imaginary lovers calling my wife and conspiring to meet her behind my back. I put on accents and make impassioned pleas for her favours. It’s fun.

• YELLOW STICKY PADS – When I am going away for a few days on business, I sometimes go through the house with a little pad of sticky yellow notepaper and a black texta pen and leave variations on the theme “I Love You” in places she’ll find as the days wear on. In the freezer, under her pillow, on the bathroom mirror, in among her underwear, in her handbag, above the door so she won’t see it until she turns to leave the room, high up on the wall in a place I risk breaking my neck to reach. (Girls scream disapproval while you’re taking risks, but love it when the feat is complete.) I put one in the oven that she didn’t find until it nearly burst into flames when she turned it on without checking. Filled the kitchen with smoke. Laugh? Well, eventually she did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

I love David Wilkerson! His books, sermons and newsletters are incredible. What a passion for God!
I also love Keith Greens's music, his music parallels Wilkerson's stuff. In fact, DW wrote some articles for Keith's Newsletter.

I am a musician and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for downlad. Anyway, just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All music on my site is free for download."

4:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats
Search Popdex: